The Farmer and the Chef
Farm Fresh Minnesota Recipes and Stories
Minnesota Farmers Union is thrilled to share our book with the world. Released June 15, 2021 from the Minnesota Cooks™ team, The Farmer and the Chef: Farm Fresh Minnesota Recipes and Stories is a collection of farmer-forward writings and chef-driven recipes. Featuring farm-restaurant partnerships from our rich history of the Minnesota Cooks program since its inception in 2003, this book strives to give readers an inside look into the life of farming in the Land of 10,000 Lakes.
We are deeply grateful for the positive reception The Farmer and the Chef has received. You can check out some kind words from writers and reviewers in the following articles:
- Minnesota Cooks cookbook highlights local ingredients, farmers and chefs – Rick Nelson, Star Tribune
- Books We Love: The Farmer and the Chef – Cowgirl Magazine
- The Farmer and the Chef celebrates Southeast Minnesota farmers, restaurants, and recipes – Matthew Stolle, Post Bulletin
- Cookbook’s focus is on the food and the farmers – Kristin Kveno, The Land Online
- Read, cook, bake, enjoy! – Paula Mohr, Farm Progress
The Farmer and the Chef: Farm Fresh Minnesota Recipes and Stories was published by Globe Pequot Press. It is currently available for sale in independent bookstores, online or wherever books are sold.
Farmers Union Welcomes Everyone
Everyone depends on agriculture. As Wendell Berry famously said, “Eating is an agricultural act.” If you aren’t an active farmer but care deeply about food security and safety, strong local and regional markets, climate resiliency, renewable energy, trade issues, affordable healthcare, land use, and other social and economic issues, it makes sense to become a member of Minnesota Farmers Union. Help preserve and nurture family farms and rural communities by joining MFU and adding your voice to our strong community of advocates.